Icon Media Direct’s Nancy Lazkani Wins DRMA Member of the Year19 Dec, 2012 By: Thomas Haire
NEW YORK – Response Magazine and the Direct Response Marketing Alliance (DRMA) salutes Nancy Lazkani, long-time leader of Van Nuys, Calif.-based Icon Media Direct, as the 2012 DRMA Member of the Year. Lazkani’s victory in an industry vote became official during a brief ceremony in front of more than 300 industry insiders at the DRMA Winter Bash in New York on December 11.
“Nancy’s dedication to the direct response business, along with her commitment to the growth and success of this business and the DRMA, earned the lion’s share of votes among our members and make her incredibly deserving of this Member of the Year honor,” says John Yarrington, publisher of Response and co-founder of the DRMA. “With more than 800 votes casted by our members, it’s clear that the competition was strong, and while Nancy has earned this award, the rest of our nominees earned their recognition as well.”
By earning the Second Annual DRMA Member of the Year Award, Lazkani succeeds 2011 winner and 2012 nominee Curtis Kleinman of Swipe Payment Solutions in Los Angeles. The other eight nominees were:
• Andy Arvidson, president, Imagine Fulfillment Services, La Mirada, Calif.
• James Diorio, chief operating officer, Dial800, Los Angeles
• Craig Handley, CEO and co-founder, Listen Up Español, Portland, Maine
• Gary Latz, vice president of marketing, a2b Fulfillment Inc., Greensboro, Ga.
• Jane Schloth, vice president of marketing, OrderMotion Inc., Burlington, Mass.
• Rick Shiu, principal, InQuest Communications LLC, Redondo Beach, Calif.
• Adam Warren, president/co-founder, OpenJar Concepts Inc., Temecula, Calif.
• Chuck Wilkins, practice group development manager, Venable LLP, Washington
“After working with our Response Advisory Board to select these nominees, it’s clear that these 10 individuals not only represent the best values of the business, but also have worked diligently to expand the scope of the industry and the DRMA throughout the past year,” Yarrington says.
For the first time, the DRMA Member of the Year was determined by an E-mail vote from alliance members. Representatives of DRMA member companies had the opportunity to vote for the candidate of their choice between Nov. 27-Dec. 7.
The Winter Bash was presented by the DRMA and Viacom Media Networks, and sponsored by a2b Fulfillment, Media Design Group, O’Currance Teleservices, OpenJar Concepts, OrderMotion, REVShare and Swipe Payment Solutions.